Wednesday, January 9, 2013

鏃堕棿鏈哄櫒 The Time Machine_116

of me were the huge bulks of big machines, all greatly corroded and many broken down, but some still fairly complete. You know I have a certain weakness for mechanism, and I was inclined to linger among these; the more so as for the most part they had the interest of puzzles, and I could make only the vaguest guesses at what they were for. I fancied that if I could solve their puzzles I should find myself in possession of powers that might be of use against the Morlocks.
`Suddenly Weena came very close to my side. So suddenly that she startled me. Had it not been for her I do not think I should have noticed that the floor of the gallery sloped at all. (Footnote: It may be, of course, that the floor did not slope, but that the museum was built into the side of a hill.-ED.) The end I had come in at was quite above ground, and was lit by rare slit-like windows. As you went down the length, the ground came up against these windows, until at last there was a pit like the "area" of a London house before each, and only a narrow line of daylight at the top. I went slowly along, puzzling about the machines, and had been too intent upon them to notice the gradual diminution of the light, until Weena's increasing apprehensions drew my attention. Then I saw that the gallery ran down at last into a thick darkness,coach outlet canada. I hesitated, and then, as I looked round me, I saw that the dust was less abundant and its surface less even. Further away towards the dimness, it appeared to be broken by a number of small narrow footprints. My sense of the immediate presence of the Morlocks revived at that. I felt that I was wasting my time in the academic examination of machinery. I called to mind that it was already far advanced in the afternoon,link, and that I had still no weapon, no refuge, and no means of making a fire,coach factory outlet canada. And then down in the remote blackness of the gallery I heard a peculiar pattering, and the same odd noises I had heard down the well.
`I took Weena's hand. Then, struck with a sudden idea,Link, I left her and turned to a machine from

No comments:

Post a Comment