Tuesday, December 18, 2012

闆穿 Snow Crash_159

Uncle Enzo says. He says it cheerfully enough, not trying to cut her down or anything. "You might be shocked at how well-informed she is. This is my experience, anyway. What does your mother do for a living?"
"She works for the Feds."
Uncle Enzo finds that richly amusing. "And her daughter is delivering pizzas for Nova Sicilia. What does she do for the Feds?"
"Some kind of thing where she can't really tell me in case I blab it. She has to take a lot of polygraph tests."
Uncle Enzo seems to understand this very well. "Yes, a lot of Fed jobs are that way."
There is an opportune silence. "It kind of freaks me out," Y.T. says.
"The fact that she works for the Feds?"
"The polygraph tests,chanel. They put a thing around her arm -- to measure the blood pressure."
"A sphygmomanometer," Uncle Enzo says crisply,http://www.rolexsubmarinerreplicausa.com/.
"It leaves a bruise around her arm. For some reason, that kind of bothers me."
"It should bother you."
"And the house is bugged. So when I'm home -- no matter what I'm doing -- someone else is probably listening."
"Well,nike high heels, I can certainly relate to that," Uncle Enzo says. They both laugh.
"I'm going to ask you a question that I've always wanted to ask a Kourier," Uncle Enzo says. "I always watch you people through the windows of my limousine. In fact, when a Kourier poons me, I always tell Peter, my driver,replica chanel bags, not to give them a hard time. My question is, you are covered from head to toe in protective padding. So why don't you wear a helmet?"
"The suit's got a cervical airbag that blows up when you fall off the board, so you can bounce on your head. Besides, helmets feel weird. They say it doesn't affect your hearing, but it does."
"You use your hearing quite a bit in your line of work?"
"Definitely, yeah."
Uncle Enzo is nodding. "That's what I suspected. We felt the same way, the boys in my unit in Vietnam."
"I heard you went to Vietnam, but -- " She stops, sensing danger.
"You thought it was hype. No, I went there. Could have stayed out, if I'd wanted. But I volunteered."
"You volunteered to go to Vietnam

No comments:

Post a Comment